We are looking for a Moodlerer. Organisations with education as their core business show more and more interest for Moodle. The high attendance at the MoodleMoot in Amsterdam last May was a clear signal (nearly 100 people!). In addition, my partner Michiel Boerman and me receive more and more requests for information about what it takes to set up a Moodle site.
Michiels projects ask for highly complex programming work, fit to the needs of our clients. My work is focussed on the didactical issues related to blended learning and on producing attractive content. Clients sometimes want to delegate all instructional design to us. Because of this growth in Moodle related work we want to expand our Moodle team.
We need a Moodler
We hope to get in touch wit a ‘technical person’ who has the same love for Moodle as we do, or who wants to find out if he can fall in love with it! Maybe you have already some experience in the management of IT-systems, or programming in PHP, maybe even in an educational environment and you want to dive into Moodle. People with Moodle experience have of course an advantage, but there are other important qualities we are keen on.
Team of freelancers
Michiel and me both have our own businesses. We sometimes work apart on our projects, but if Moodle is the focus of the project we join up as a team and present ourselves under the name Helder & Wijzer. Don’t expect us to book you for 40 hours a week for the rest of the year! At the moment we do need assistance but you will work as a freelancer and bill us for your hours.
What we hope to discover in you
We will end with a list of tasks we want to load on your shoulders but first of all your professional attitude is important to us:
- interested in (web tools for) learning, education and collaboration processes and in social media
- curious and eager to learn
- very accurate and neat
- responsible and accountable
- able to see work and plan it autonomously, but you keep communicating with us on what you are doing and we can trust your input in the planning and budgeting phase
- friendly but explicit to our clients
- not afraid to communicate in English (nice if you also speak Dutch)
What kind of work can you expect
There are a lot of tasks we would like to delegate:
- install Moodle and Mahara
- research plug ins, install and evaluate them and propose the best options in view of client specifications and future development of Moodle core and modules (follow Moodle Tracker)
- upgrade existing installations and custom modules
- connect repositories and other systems f.i. for student administration
- set up question banks, course categories, site pages, MyMoodle pages, grade books, cohorts, groups according to the functional design
- translate a graphic design into a theme and program templates for Moodle and Mahara
- program custom functionalities (PHP-experience is very important as we have urgent programming work)
Are you interested?
Check Contact and send me an e-mail.